Subscribing to magazines
Subscribing to magazines in Libby gives you easy access to new and current issues.
You'll find the Subscribe button:
- When you close a magazine you're reading.
- In search results, in library lists, and on a magazine's details screen.
- When you're browsing the Newsstand and tap next to a magazine's name.
When you subscribe to a magazine:
- The latest issue of the magazine is added to the Magazine Rack on your Shelf .
- You'll receive a notification when a new issue is released based on your notification settings.
Here's one of the ways you can subscribe to a magazine in Libby:
- Tap Shelf .
- Tap the blank cover image in the Magazine Rack.
- Tap next to the name of a magazine you're interested in.
- Tap Subscribe.
- Select or create a "Notify Me" smart tag for your magazine subscriptions.
- (If prompted) Select how you'd like to get notifications in Libby:
- Ignore, i.e., get no notification
- Menu badge, i.e., get a message in the Libby menu only
- Push notification (available in the Android and iOS mobile apps only)
- Email notice (available on desktop or when push notifications are disabled in the mobile app)
- Accessing the table of contents in a title
- Downloading a magazine
- Filtering by format
- Finding and keeping an issue of a magazine
- Marking a magazine as finished
- Reading an article in a magazine
- Removing a magazine from the Magazine Rack
- Revisiting a recent place in a title
- Searching in a book or magazine
- Skipping between chapters or articles
- Subscribing to magazines
- Unsubscribing from a magazine
- Using the Libby reader
- What's the difference between kept magazines and magazine subscriptions?
- Zooming in books and magazines