Can I recommend a title for my library to purchase in Libby?
In Libby, you can find titles your library doesn't offer and use a "Notify Me" smart tag to express interest in titles to your library. Here's a brief summary of how it works:
- You'll find titles that aren't offered by your library when:
- You run a search and no titles in your library's collection match your search query.
- You run a search with fewer than 100 results, and you manually turn on the "deep search" filter in the search results screen.
- You can set up a "Notify Me" smart tag for titles not offered by your library. When you tag a title with your "Notify Me" smart tag, your interest in the title is anonymously shared with all of your saved libraries.
- If a title you've tagged with your "Notify Me" smart tag is purchased, you'll get a notification and have the option to borrow it or place it on hold right away.
Note: Not all libraries offer this feature at this time.
Learn more about finding titles not offered by your library and setting up a "Notify Me" smart tag.
Important information for former OverDrive app users
- Recommendations made via the "Recommend to Library" (RTL) feature in the OverDrive app and on OverDrive library websites won't appear in Libby. But, your library still has access to the recommendation and may still acquire the title.
- You can visit your library's OverDrive website to see the list of titles you previously recommended.
- If your library purchases a title you recommended via the RTL feature, you'll still receive an email notification and be placed on hold.