Can I recommend a title for my library to purchase in Libby?
If you've used the OverDrive app or an OverDrive library website, you may be familiar with the Recommend to Library (RTL) feature. Libby is taking a different approach to helping you discover and express interest in titles your library doesn't offer.
- You'll find titles that aren't offered by your library when:
- You run a search and no titles currently offered by your library match your search query.
- You manually turn on the "deep search" filter in search results with fewer than 100 titles.
- You can set up a Notify Me smart tag for titles not offered by your library. When you tag a title with your Notify Me smart tag, your interest in the title is anonymously shared with all of your saved libraries.
- If a title you've tagged with your Notify Me smart tag is purchased, you'll get a notification and have the option to borrow it or place it on hold right away. (The title won't automatically be placed on hold like it was with RTL.)
Important information about titles you recommended in the OverDrive app or on an OverDrive library website:
- Recommendations made via the RTL feature won't appear in Libby, but your library still has access to the recommendation and may still acquire the title.
- You can visit the OverDrive app or your library's OverDrive website to see the list of titles you previously recommended (under My account > Recommendations).
- If your library purchases a title you recommended via the RTL feature, you'll still receive an email notification and be placed on hold.