Can I recommend a title for my library to purchase in Libby?
In Libby, you can find titles your library doesn't offer and use a "Notify Me" smart tag to express interest in titles to your library. Here's a brief summary of how it works:
- You'll find titles that aren't offered by your library when:
- You run a search and no titles in your library's collection match your search query.
- You run a search with fewer than 100 results, and you manually turn on the "deep search" filter in the search results screen.
- You can set up a "Notify Me" smart tag for titles not offered by your library. When you tag a title with your "Notify Me" smart tag, your interest in the title is anonymously shared with all of your saved libraries.
- If a title you've tagged with your "Notify Me" smart tag is purchased, you'll get a notification and have the option to borrow it or place it on hold right away.
Note: Not all libraries offer this feature.
Important information for former OverDrive app users
- Recommendations made via the "Recommend to Library" (RTL) feature in the OverDrive app and on OverDrive library websites won't appear in Libby.
- You can visit your library's OverDrive website to see the list of titles you previously recommended.