Why are chapters locked in a title?
If you see locked chapters in a title, you may be reading a sample. You can unlock the chapters by borrowing it:
- Open the sample.
- Tap the book cover (in the circle above the timeline in a book or in the background of the audio player).
- Tap Borrow This Book (or Borrow This Audiobook), then Borrow.
If you're still seeing locked chapters after borrowing the title:
- Remove the title from the "reading now" circle: Go to Shelf > Actions, then tap Clear Reading now.
- Open the title again and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, there's no need to move on to step 3.
- Re-download the loan: Go to Shelf > Loans, tap , then tap Remove Download to confirm. Then, tap , then Download.