Adding your OverDrive wish lists to Libby
If you created wish lists in the legacy OverDrive app or OverDrive library websites, you can automatically import them into Libby as an OverDrive wish list smart tag.
You'll be prompted via an in-app notification to import your wish list. To get started, go to Menu and select the Sync Wish Lists notification.
Follow the prompts in the notification to either:
- Create a new tag for your wish list. (This is a good option if you're new to Libby.)
- Merge your OverDrive wish list into an existing tag. (This is a good option if you already use a tag to track titles you want to read.)
Once created, you'll find your wish list tag under Shelf > tags.
Wish lists from all of your saved library cards are added to your wish list tag in Libby. If you add another library card with an OverDrive wish list later, that wish list will also be imported into Libby.
Watch a short video about setting up a wish list tag manually, or continue for written instructions:
If you already use a tag in Libby to track your wish list, you can change it into an "OverDrive Wish List" smart tag. Otherwise, we recommend creating a new tag with "OverDrive Wish List" smarts:
- Tap Shelf .
- Tap tags at the top of the screen.
- Tap Actions, then New Tag.
- Name your new tag, add a description (optional), then tap Create. We recommend a name like "wish list" or "want to read."
- Tap OverDrive Wish List when prompted about the type of tag you'd like.
- Slide the panel down to close it and save your selection.
- Adding past activity to the Borrowed smart tag
- Adding tags to titles
- Adding your OverDrive wish lists to Libby
- Changing a regular tag into a smart tag
- Creating a new tag
- Deleting tags
- Exporting and sharing tags
- Finding and tagging titles not offered by your library
- Removing tags from titles
- Renaming tags
- Sorting and filtering your tags
- What are smart tags and what do they do?