How to switch from the APK version of Libby to the Amazon Appstore version
Libby is now available in the Amazon Appstore on newer Fire tablets. If you've already installed Libby on your Fire tablet using OverDrive's Android Package File (APK), you can continue using that installation of Libby.
If you'd like to use Libby from the Amazon Appstore instead, follow the steps below to make the switch.
Note: When you switch from the APK version to the Amazon Appstore version of Libby, you may lose some Libby data, including timeline activity, search history, and app customizations. You can export your timeline for your records before switching, if you'd like. You will not lose your loans, holds, or tags.
- Open libbyapp.com in your Fire tablet's Silk browser (or a browser on any device).
- Follow the steps to set up libbyapp.com using a setup code. Retrieve the setup code from the Libby app on your Fire tablet.
- Once libbyapp.com is set up, open the Amazon Appstore on your Fire tablet and search for Libby.
- Tap Update. Follow the prompts to uninstall the APK version of Libby and install the Appstore version.
- Open Libby on your Fire tablet and set it up using a setup code. Retrieve the setup code from the libbyapp.com installation you set up in steps 1 and 2.