What does "Unknown Wait" on a hold mean?
"Unknown Wait" for a hold means that the title has expired, but the library hasn't removed it from their Libby catalog. Some libraries use holds on expired titles to help decide if they should purchase more copies.
If the library purchases more copies and you're on hold, you'll start moving up the wait list like normal.
If you have questions about a specific expired title, reach out to your library for more help.
- Borrowing available holds
- Canceling a hold
- Delivering holds later when you're not ready for them
- How do I see my place in line for a hold?
- Removing a hold suspension
- Suspending a hold
- What does Unknown Wait on a hold mean?
- What is a hold?
- Where are my holds?
- Why do I need to wait for a copy of a digital title?