Delivering holds later when you're not ready for them
If you're not ready to borrow a hold when it becomes available, you can have it delivered later.
Delivering a hold later keeps you at the front of the wait list, but passes the current copy to the next person in line.
How to deliver a hold later
- Go to .
- Tap holds at the top of the screen.
- Tap Deliver Later.
- Use the slider to pick a "deliver after" date. After this date, you'll get a copy when someone returns it.
Note: This could mean that you get the title a couple days or weeks after your "deliver after" date.
- Tap Update Hold.
Note: If you don't borrow the hold during its 3-day pickup window, it will be scheduled for later delivery automatically. Automatic rescheduling happens once per hold. If you don't act on a hold a second time, the hold will be canceled.
From "Your holds" screen, tap Deliver After [Date], adjust the slider, then tap Update Hold.
Even if you select "Deliver as soon as possible," it may still be days or weeks until you receive the title. The wait depends on both how soon the next available copy is returned and how many others in front of you also delivered their hold later and are waiting for a copy.
- Borrowing available holds
- Canceling a hold
- Delivering holds later when you're not ready for them
- How do I see my place in line for a hold?
- Removing a hold suspension
- Suspending a hold
- What does Unknown Wait on a hold mean?
- What is a hold?
- Where are my holds?
- Why do I need to wait for a copy of a digital title?