Navigating to different parts of a title
Once you open a title, you can easily navigate to different sections and to your bookmarks and highlights:
- In a book or magazine, tap the center of the screen to show or hide the navigation bar and timeline. These areas are always visible in an audiobook.
- The navigation bar (at the top of the screen) includes different features in the reader or audio player and a Back button to go back to your Shelf.
- The timeline (at the bottom of the screen) shows your place in the title, chapter breaks or article thumbnails, your bookmarks, and your highlights.
- To view the table of contents: Tap Chapters (or the name of the current chapter or article) on the timeline. Tap a chapter or article in the list to jump to it.
- To skip to the next chapter or article: Tap the number on the right side of the chapter or article name.
- To skip to the beginning of the current chapter or article: Tap the number on the left side of the chapter or article name.
- To navigate to a more precise position in the title: Slide the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
- To jump to a bookmark, note, or highlight: Tap at the top of the screen, then tap the passage.