How is Libby different from the OverDrive app?
Both Libby and the classic OverDrive app allow you to borrow and read the same digital content from your library, but they look and feel different.
Libby has a fresh, easy-to-use design that makes it the best app for most digital library users (in our opinion). Here are some features unique to Libby:
- Simple, step-by-step on-boarding the first time you open the app
- Loans and holds are automatically added to your Shelf (from all your libraries), so you can easily find all your books in one place
- Start reading immediately after you borrow; no need to choose a file format
- See your at-a-glance progress through each book on your Shelf
- Navigate easily between your Shelf and your library's catalog
- Add, remove, and rename cards from all your libraries in one place
- Use tags to categorize books however you'd like
- Set browsing and list preferences to show only the content you're interested in
Want to see a preview of Libby? Check out our short video for a quick demo.
Have questions about the OverDrive app? Learn more about it on OverDrive Help.